Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can I Have a Snack?

My son has an addiction.  He must eat.  Alot.  All the time.  When I feed him (which I do so very often) he consumes his food like he's a dying man.  Ten minutes later this is what I hear..."Mom, I'm hungry.  Can I have a snack?"

I say to him, "You cannot possibly be hungry.  You just ate an entire meal."

"I'm STARVING."

"That's not possible, Honey."

"Mom.  Please.  I need more food."

Another thing.  Let's talk about the definition of snack.  I, like most of the world, define a snack as a small helping of food to stave off hunger pains until the next mealtime.  Something like a piece of fruit, a granola bar, a small dish of pudding, etc. are all acceptable in my definition of snack.  Not so with the son.  I say, "Would you like a chocolate chip muffin?"  He says, "Can I have three?"

It's 9:00 as I write this post and I've just told him to put his book away and go to bed.  Guess what he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment