Monday, January 25, 2010

Day Off

I had the day off today.  If you live in Northern MN you know why. 

I woke up this morning at 6:30, ready to eat, shower, get dressed and head to school for the first day of the new semester.  I was excited about starting new classes and having new students.  As Beau and I were eating breakfast I thought I'd turn on the news just in case school was delayed because of the icy roads.  Lo and Behold my school was closed for the day!  As I jumped for joy in my living room we waited for the scroll at the bottom of the TV screen to get to Beau's school................nope.  I had the day off and he did not.

At 7:30 I drove Beau over to his school and came back home.  Guess what I did?  Yep!  I crawled right back into my nice, warm, cozy bed and grabbed two more hours of sleep.

Thank you Lord for simple pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment